In George and in the surroundings are very many good, and value for money restaurants, if you don't want to cook yourself.
- 'The Girls' You will not find better Prawns anywhere! Everything is very good including the meat, the best dish is 400g Prawns, cooked in 2 ways from 7 possible, ( approx. € 13,50.- ) for go a starter as that could well be too much!
- 'The old Town House' excellent South African cuisine, including everything from Kudu-Carpaccio ( approx. € 4.-) to Rack of Lamb or Filet "Old Town House" (approx. € 9.-). Prices Februar 2016
- 'La Campanina' - Italian - South-African
- 'The Fat Fish' an exellent Fish restaurant
- 'Kingfisher' - Fish (also 'Ocean Basket' in the Mall)
- 'Jewel of India' – Indian
All Restaurants are kept and have a relaxed atmoshere.
Reservations for the Evenings are recommended.
In South Africa you can take your own wine with you, you just pay a small corkage fee.
Tipp if you like oysters: "Oysters R US", the best oysters on the Garden Route (much cheaper as in Knysna), between Wilderness & Sedgefield on the right hand side on the N2.
For a Capuccino or for Breakfast or Lunch:
We love to go to the "Travel Bugs Cafè" ( York Street) with a nice garden, 'Meade Cafe' (also with a nice garden) or to '101 Meade Street' or "Coloroso Cafè" in the Meade Street.
Our favorite is: The "Bayleaf" in the Cathedral St. / Moore St.
The best cappuccino is offered: In the simple Coffee Roasters "Beans about coffee" in the York St.